Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ellie Grace {5 Months} ♡

Our tiny girl is 5 months old!! At 5 months, Ellie:
  • Is still super smiley! 
  • Started eating rice cereal and tried carrots for the first time but was not a fan! I don't think she even swallowed any haha
  • Caught a nasty bug that she's had pretty much all month :( about once a week she'll have a really bad day and throw up a ton! It breaks my heart!!! She is such a sweet girl though and doesn't complain or fuss at all. She just wants to cuddle and I'm the one bawling like a baby!
  • Loves to play with her toys! Or anything you hand her, really! Or that's within her reach, haha. She's really good at grabbing and her hand eye coordination is getting really good! Most everything that she grabs ends up in her mouth :)
  • LOVES water bottles! She grabs at them the second she sees one and is really intrigued when she sees Ben or I drinking from one.
  • Also loves phones! If I'm holding her and doing something on my phone she'll grab it from my hand almost every time. She also likes to look at herself when I put the camera on selfie mode :)
  • Is (finally) becoming a faster eater! Yay, Ellie! 
  • Squints her eyes when there's loud noises or your acting like you're going to 'get her' (it's seriously so cute)
  • Still likes to be sung to sleep! I was getting a little tired of the same 5 songs I would sing over and over to her so I decided to pull up the hymn book on my phone and sing from there. We started at the beginning and are going to sing our way through the hymn book and I'm actually really excited about it. I think Ellie is indifferent ;) 
  • Makes this noise like she can't breathe all the time and it scares me every time! She just likes to make it for fun but I can't get used to it haha
  • Has started blowing bubbles and raspberries and it's too cute! She'll do it whenever she "talks" now (instead of happy screaming, which is what she did last month 😉)
  • Loves to grab her binky out of her mouth and play with it but is still working on getting it back in :) 
  • Weighs around 13 lbs, wears size 2 diapers, still fits in most of her 0-3 clothes & is starting to be able to wear 3-6. She's our petite little girl! 
  • Likes to grab faces-- she'll grab your mouth if she's looking at you but if you're holding her she'll hold onto your neck/chin without looking at you. It's like she wants to make sure you're not going anywhere while she looks around :)
  • Started showing interest in Coco (my parents dog) by grabbing her, kicking her, and trying to eat her (which we don't let happen!)
  • Loves to people watch! She's content to just hang out and observe whatever's going on around her (if there's more interesting things going on than just hanging out with me ;) and we get comments all the time about how alert and engaged with her surroundings she is
  • Likes to arch her back and lean her head back if she's laying down (or you're holding her and she's trying to see you) but still doesn't love rolling over
  • Is loved and adored by her mama and daddy!! 







We love this little turkey!!

No comments: