Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Ellie Grace {11 Months}

Ellie-da-belly-da-baby is 11 months old! What?! She's almost one whole year old and she is suddenly starting to feel more like a toddler than a baby. 
At 11 months, Ellie:

  • Is a speed crawler. If she's really excited or is trying to run away from us she'll crawl super fast and pant like a dog!
  • Is pulling herself up onto EVERYTHING! If it's something like a couch or her crib, she'll hold onto it and walk along it. She's so close to walking and I can't believe it! Where's my tiny baby?!
  • Likes to do the downward dog pose haha she also thinks it's pretty fun when I look at her between her legs when she's doing it :)
  • LOVES to pull things out of cupboards/baskets/drawers/purses... you name it! Multiple times a day she'll crawl over to our little entertainment center, open the cupboard door, and pull out every book and dvd until they're sprawled all over the living room! She has to partially crawl inside of the cupboard to reach the DVDs so it's pretty entertaining to watch :) She's also just started putting things back into their containers so that's been helpful!
  • ^^Once all of the books are out of the cupboard, we have to read them all! Ellie LOVES to read. I dare say it's her favorite thing to do. Whenever she spots a book she'll pick it up, hand it to me, and plop herself down right in front of me, ready to be read to. She's getting a lot better at sitting and listening through a whole book and I love to read so I'm pretty happy about it :) She also likes to look through books, turning the pages, and reading herself the story in her little gibberish :) I die! I think it's about time for us to get a library card, though, because I literally have all of her books memorized. And she's getting to the phase where she likes to read the same book over, and over, and over, so that's fun too ;) Her favorite books right now are both of her Easter books, 1,2, At the Zoo, and all of her Leslie Patricelli books.
  • Came up with her own language and it's probably  definitely the cutest language that I've ever heard! She uses inflection, facial expressions, and hand gestures and I wish so badly that I could understand everything that she's saying, I'm sure it's all very important! Most of it is some form of go-dee-go-dee-go-dee-go with different intonations ;) It's also so fun to see her get excited and use her hands when she talks because that's something I'm assuming she picked up from me, not that I'm expressive or anything ;)
  • Loves loves loves table food! She's moving on from baby food to eating whatever we're eating. And if we're eating something and trying to feed her baby food she won't take the baby food because she just wants what we have. Her favorites right now are potatoes and any kind of bread she can get her hands on! She also loves ice cream. Probably a little too much haha but I don't know where she got that from either ;)
  • Is going through a phase where she can't fall asleep if I'm not touching her. She's such a sweet girl and will lay right down and rest but the second she senses I'm leaving she'll roll over and grab my hand. Once my hand is resting gently back on her, she'll go right back to resting. Silly girl! I wouldn't mind it if it didn't hurt my back so much to lean over her crib! But I do love that it's so comforting to her just to know that I'm close by 
  • Is a total momma's girl! We do not leave each other's side and that's how she likes it. If I even step out of the room she's either crying or chasing right after me! She's loves to cuddle me in our bed and I have to be the one to get her to sleep and pretty much do anything for her haha but it's nice to be needed :) And it's completely mutual!! I'm obsessed with her too! :) With that being said, though, she does LOVE her daddy. He can make her laugh soooo hard and she gets SO excited when he walks in the door from work! They have a special little bond that I love to watch ♡ 
  • Loves getting messy! She loves to stick her hands in her baby food and squeeze/play with foods like bananas. It doesn't bother her a bit to have messy hands and a messy face! I can't wait for her cake smash next month!
  • Says num when she's eating! Can say mama and dada but only does occasionally!
  • Does the 'come here' motion whenever she wants something or wants to go somewhere. She's been doing this for a few months but I don't think I've ever written it down! She's also just started pointing which is very helpful!
  • LOVES to be outside! Doesn't love the grass, though. She'll crawl to the edge of a blanket on the grass and then will lift her legs up if they touch the grass! It's probably because her skin is super sensitive, poor baby
  • Loves lil crunchies and drinking out of her big kid camel back water bottle
  • Still just has two little front bottom teeth. I still can't decide what color her eyes are going to decide to be and her hair is getting lighter by the day. She's a little blondie now!
  • Loves to clap! She literally can't hear someone clap (or something that sounds like clapping) and not start clapping. This was pretty fun at state track when there was someone clapping every other minute :)
  • Is still such a happy baby and so friendly! She doesn't know a stranger and she makes everyone's day that she sees! It's pretty fun to get to talk to so many people when we're out and about because people just can't stay away from her, haha. She's the perfect combination of sassy and sweet! We love our Ellie baby!!! 





1 comment:

Megan said...

She's getting so big! What a sweetheart