Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Officially in the THIRD trimester today, hooray!

How I am already in my third and FINAL trimester of this pregnancy, I do not know! This pregnancy has definitely gone a lot faster than Ellie's and it's exciting me and stressing me out all at the same time 😅  Because time has literally been flying, I've been terrible at documenting this pregnancy so here is a very over due update!

  • The first trimester is still not my friend. I wasn't as sick this time as I was with Ellie but I still experienced the joys of constant nausea! Even though it wasn't as intense, it lingered longer than my nausea/constant sickness did with Ellie.
  • Once I got out of the intense nausea stage of this pregnancy, I entered the intense cramping stage. The second trimester was filled with a whole lot of cramping, especially on my right side. I'm pretty sure it's round ligament pain, which I didn't really experience with Ellie. It is not fun, but I would prefer it over nausea! I've also heard that it typically gets better during the third trimester so I'm hopeful that that will be true :)
  • Smells majorly bothered me during Ellie’s pregnancy and haven’t affected me as much this time. Actually, it’s been kind of reversed. Instead of being really bothered by random smells, I’m really obsessed with random smells. My current obsession is Irish Spring bar soap (I have no idea, haha like I said totally random 😂). I literally stand in the shower holding Ben’s soap just smeilling it over and over because I can’t get enough of it. I find myself daydreaming about the smell of it often hahahah pregnancy does weird things to you!!
  • Bizarre pregnancy dreams are in full swing! I have the strangest, most vivid dreams and lately have been having nightmares 😩
  • I don’t feel like I’ve had a lot of cravings this pregnancy. I just have to make sure that I always have a little something in my tummy to keep the nausea at bay. Up until recently my main craving was rotisserie chicken, especially Costco’s 😄 I’m telling you, pregnancy does strange things to you haha.
  • I’ve felt really tired basically from day 1 but it has gotten better during the second trimester :) 
  • Baby boy started moving around week 16 or 17 if I remember right and has gotten more and more active. He’s the most active at night when I’m relaxing after I’ve put ellie to bed. He also always seems to be awake and moving around when I wake up in the middle of the night (not a good sign for our newborn days! 😅😬) He is so strong already! The last couple of days some of his movements have been so strong that they’ve been painful— I never remember experiencing that with Ellie!
  • He looooves to kick Sister. Whenever her and I are cuddling or she is just near my tummy, he’ll kick right where she is!
  • We’re getting so excited to meet our little man! My labor and delivery with Ellie went really smoothly and I actually enjoyed a lot of it so we’re lookong forward to that and, of course, all of the newborn snuggles we’re in store for! Nothing better! I think I’m most nervous about the transition for Ellie. She’s too young to really grasp what’s happening and I know that it’s going to rock her world and that makes me so nervous! I know that with time, though, she will adjust to her new role and I have no doubt that she’ll be a great big sister :) She loves to point to my tummy and say “baby!”  She’s also fascinated with my belly button since I’ve been pregnant 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’s at the stage where she loves babies and considers any child smaller than her a baby. She takes her baby doll everywhere she goes, gives it it’s binky, puts it down for naps, and (my personal favorite), rocks and cuddles it. Once she gets used to baby brother I'm sure he will be very loved (and possibly a little smothered 😄🙈) by her!
  • Last but not least, my tummy is growing by the day! Don’t you love the inevitable comments you get when you’re pregnant— “Wow, you’ve gotten really big!” 😬😝  I just embrace it though because I know that inside my giant tummy is a little miracle and I love him so much already :) One of my biggest pregnancy struggles is trying to find clothes that fit right, are comfortable, and that I feel good In (not frumpy!). I fell in love with Pink Blush during my first pregnancy and have been loving their maternity clothes just as much this time around. They are so cute, comfortable, and I love the way that they fit my growing tummy. I’m currently living in this cute top in my pictures because it’s one of the few shirts I have that actually cover my tummy and is so comfy!! My bump definitely showed up a lot faster this time around and I've had a lot of fun having an excuse to buy new clothes and try new styles :) I'm so glad that we're past the days of women hiding their pregnant tummies!
Even though pregnancy is not a walk in the park, it is absolutely 100% worth it! I’m grateful for my tired, achy body every single day because it is creating our son 💙  I’m so grateful that God has let me participate in the miracle of creating a body for one of his children and I feel honored to be momma to my sweet babies. 

12 weeks and counting!! 







No comments: